Norton recently released its annual Cyber-security Insight Report for New Zealand. The report found that:
- the amount consumers lost to cyber-crime in the past year was NZD$256.8 million,
- 83% of the respondents are worried that they will become a victim of cyber-crime,
- only 45% of consumers “always” use a secure password,
- only 15% of consumers feel completely in control over their online security, and
- only 38% of the respondents are confident they know what to do if they become a victim of cyber-crime.
Link (Norton): Norton Cyber-security Insight Report (New Zealand)